TradeKing ForexTrader Desktop Software FAQs
- What are some of the features of ForexTrader Desktop?
- How do I add or remove products on the trading platform?
- How do I set my execution mode and tolerance levels?
- How do I change the order of the products in the Trading Panel?
- What is the Strategy Center and where can I find it?
- How do I change the colors on the platform?
- What information is contained in the Information Box (i box)?
- How do I trade from the charts?
- What information is included in Account Summary?
- What is included in the dealing box?
- Where can I access my account reports?
- Where can I access a userguide for ForexTrader Desktop?
- What is the ForexTrader Desktop forum and how can I access it?
What are some of the features of ForexTrader Desktop?
Some of the features of ForexTrader Desktop include:
- Ribbon navigation that allows easy access to trading tools and resources
- A Strategy Center with automated buy and sell signals, ability to choose from 15 user customizable pre-defined trading strategies or build your own
- Charting features such as technical indicators such as Keltner Channels and STARC bands and additional drawing tools, Andrew's Pitchfork and Extended Trendline
- Extensive Economic calendar, access to ForexTrader Desktop forum, easy-to-use order ticket
How do I add or remove products on the trading platform?
The ForexTrader Desktop platform allows you to customize the platform to only show products that interest you. To select or unselect products, go to the Customize tab and click on the expand button in the Trading section. Check or uncheck the boxes in the Subscribe column. Click Finish to save your changes.^top
How do I set my execution mode and tolerance levels?
Within the Trading tab in the Customize section, use the Execution Mode drop-down to choose between Instant and Market Execution. To customize the tolerance setting for Market Execution, click on the Edit Tolerance button. The tolerance setting can be defined by product.^top
How do I change the order of the products in the Trading Panel?
Right-click within the Trading Panel and select Edit Dealing Panel. Select the products you want to move and use the up and down arrows to adjust the order.^top
What is the Strategy Center and where can I find it?
The Strategy Center allows you to access 15 user customizable pre-defined trading strategies as well as build your own using the Strategy Wizard. The Strategy Center includes the ability to back test strategies against historical data and then activate them to generate buy and sell signals in real time.
You can access the Strategy Center from the main menu under Trade and on the charting window by clicking on the Strategy Center icon located in the top left corner. This feature allows you to quickly:
- Deactivate an existing strategy
- Access performance reports
- Apply a pre-defined trading strategy
- Manage your existing strategies
How do I change the colors on the platform?
Within the Customize tab, click on the Skin drop-down. There are several skins available to choose from.^top
What information is contained in the Information Box (i box)?
The Information Box gives you quick access to information and trade management capabilities for a product. It contains current position information, quick links to manage the position, and a trading preferences section that allows you to customize the execution mode and tolerance.
Simply click on the icon wherever you see it on the platform, or right click in the Open Positions, Active Orders, Activity Log or Chart windows (a row must be populated to initiate i box).^top
How do I trade from the charts?
There are several ways to initiate trades or orders from the charts. Dealing boxes are located in the top toolbar to quickly place trades.
Open trades and orders are plotted directly on the charts. To modify an order, click and drag the order line on the chart to the desired rate. A confirmation box will appear. Click Modify Order to confirm the new order rate.
You can also close your open position by right-clicking on the position line and choosing Liquidate Current Position.^top
What information is included in Account Summary?
Account Summary displays Required Margin and Available Margin, which are updated in real time, as well as more account information.
- Account Balance: The sum of all deposits, interest income and realized gains less all withdrawals, realized losses and incidental fees.
- Unrealized P&L: The sum of all gains and losses of all open positions, calculated at the current rate.
- Realized P&L: The sum of all gains and losses on positions that have been closed out during the trading day. This is reset at the close of the trading day (5pm ET).
- Margin Balance: The Account Balance plus all current realized and unrealized P&L.
- Margin Utilized: The margin that you have used to hold your current positions. It is calculated by multiplying the current price by the number of units traded and by the margin required ratio for the product.
- Available Margin: Represents the difference between the Margin Balance and the Margin Utilized.
- Required Margin: The required equity that a trader must have to hold a position. It is calculated by multiplying the current price by the number of units traded and by the margin required ratio for the product.
You can also see your Required Margin by product within the Open Positions window. To view a full summary of your account, click on the Account Summary meter in the lower left corner of the platform.^top
What is included in the Dealing Box?
The dealing boxes include a variety of information about each currency pair, such as the Low, High and Current Spread for greater market insight and price transparency.^top
Where can I access my account reports?
Account reports are accessible directly within the trading platform. Click on the Account tab in the main navigation and select Reports. Simply click on the report you want to view and specify the date range you want to see.^top
Where can I access a userguide for ForexTrader?
You can access the ForexTrader userguide by clicking here.^top
What is the ForexTrader Desktop forum and how can I access it?
An exclusive features of the ForexTrader Desktop platform, the forum provides a convenient way for you to access information about upcoming changes and release notes. Administered by TradeKing Forex’s licensed specialists and product experts, we encourage you to take advantage of the forum and ask questions, report bugs and make suggestions for future improvements.
You can access the forum from the Help section of the platform.^top